A WWE/TNA roleplay site. Couples may be slash, femslash or het. Original characters are encouraged!

HomeAwardsCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nervous wreck (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Nervous wreck (open)   29/05/11, 06:37 am

Casey hesitated slightly in the enterance to the hotel's bar, there weren't many people in there yet he still felt nervous about going in.

He hadn't had any alcohol since Alex Riley had broke up with him about a month ago, but he needed something to calm him down after his first day working as an interviewer for WWE. He'd been worried he'd screw it up, his shyness usually got the best of him like that, but today he'd actually managed to do his first interview without breaking down into a nervous wreck.

Sighing, Casey eventually gave in and went and sat at the bar, barely noticing the person on the chair beside him...
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   05/06/11, 05:37 am

James somehow managed to royally kick Bobby's butt in a game of pool. He owed this little feat--shocking to those who knew him best--to good old Double J. Jeff Jarrett was apparently a master pool hustler and after some royal begging and bribing, he managed to get Jeff to throw him a few pointers if only so he could humiliate the leader of Beer Money Inc just once.

"Oooo wee Bobbeh!" he yelled, celebrating his mass victory.

Bobby merely rolled his eyes. "Oh fuck you James. I know Dub J helped you and when i get my hands on that mouthy blonde--"

"You's not be laying one finger on Dub J," James said sternly, poking Bobby in the chest with his pool stick. "That's my friend not ter mention Kurt would have yer ass about him. Now..." He closed the gap between them poking Bobby's lip. "Stop yer damn sulkin' and buy me a drink. That was the deal Roody."

Bobby grumbled all the way to the bar taking a seat next to a blonde. He motioned for the bar tender, asking for two cold ones while James smugly took the barstool next to him. "Oh Bobby, why's you still sulkin'? It could be worse. I coulda asked ya ter strip fer losin' but I didn't. The sulkin' does not become you so quit it."

Bobby scowled instead. "Is that better Stormy?"

James grinned. "Yup." He grin got even bigger when the tall glass of beer was put before him. He downed most of it in one go, every now and then scoping the room. He looked past Bobby since he obviously was still sulking over his loss and caught sight of a blonde, a really good looking blonde and yet Bobby was yet to even notice him. James scowled. Bobby could be a real baby sometimes about his losses. Heh, I'll fix him good. James casually bumped into Bobby causing him to knock over his beer as well as the drink that belonged to the blonde next to him.

"God...dammit James you clumsy bastard!" Bobby yelled, jumping up to wipe at his shirt. He looked over at the blonde, shooting him a very apologetic look. "I--I'm sorry son--I'll..I'll pay for you another drink." Bobby snapped his fingers. "Hey bartender? Can I get another and one more of whatever he was drinking?"

Last edited by Robert Roode on 05/06/11, 05:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   05/06/11, 05:55 am

Casey barely paid attention to what was going on around him as he stared into his barely touched drink, until it was suddenly spilled. He snapped out of his daze and turned to the person responsible; he was ready to have a go at them, until they apologized.
"Oh...um it's fine, you don't need to replace it." He said to the man nervously.
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   05/06/11, 04:26 pm

James scowled at Bobby who looked as if he was going to actually consider not buying him another. "No, no, Bobbeh insists," he growled, leering at his best friend.

Bobby stood there looking aghast but judging from James' look he decided not to push it or else he wouldn't hear the end of it. "No, I really insist." The bartender handed the blonde another beer and then Bobby. James patted Bobby's shoulder whispering that he ought to be nice then moseyed off to watch from a far.

Bobby glanced over at the blonde sighing. "Look, sorry about the mess. If that..." he nodded towards his shirt, "stains, I can afford to buy you another one. Just...damn James being so goddamned clumsy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   05/06/11, 10:40 pm

"Oh it's fine," Casey replied as he looked down at his wet shirt. He unbuttoned the shirt and removed it, now thankful he'd worn a singlet underneath. "Thanks by the way," He added, referring to the replacement drink.
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   05/06/11, 10:53 pm

"You're welcome." Bobby turned on his stool downing most of his beer mentally damning James to hell for putting him in an awkward situation like this. He was going to let him the shit beat out of him in their next tag match just for the hell of it. Bobby cut his eyes at the man sitting next to him and then it hit him. As he studied the young man out the corner of his eye, he realized what James was trying to pull. This, whoever it is, was just about the type he'd go for if he was looking. Neatly cut blonde hair, slender and hopefully some curves in the right places... "I'll git him," he grumbled.

Bobby did not like uncomfortable silences and he didn't know about the guy next to him, but he felt pretty stupid right now. "Say what's your name?" he asked, turning to him slightly. "Just...well we're sharing a beer and an accident that was completely James' fault so I s'pose it's only polite to give you my name and get the name of the guy I bought a drink." He stuck out his hand. "My name's Robert. Robert Roode but I prefer Bobby."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   06/06/11, 05:44 am

Casey drank the beer that had been bought for him, figuring it would be rude not to. Being a shy person, he hated the awkward silence and was actually glad when the other man broke it, asking for his name. Casey laughed at how the man blamed his friend and reached out and shook the hand the man offered after he introduced himself.
"Nice to meet you Bobby, I'm Casey."
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   06/06/11, 12:12 pm

Bobby shook his hand back with a warm smile. Despite being rough around the edges, Bobby was genuinely a nice guy. An epic perve too, but a nice guy underneath it all. "I really am sorry Casey. I know it seems like I'm apologizing too much, but James is usually the clumsy one and I'm always the one getting him outta scrapes because of it."

Bobby sipped more of his drink, deciding it couldn't hurt to keep the conversation going. "So are ya new around these parts? James and I are regulars around here. Hell we're probably here before and after work every night and most Sunday nights to watch pay per views. I don't believe I've seen ya before."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   06/06/11, 10:09 pm

"Yeah I am new actually, just started a job." Casey told him. "You're really here that often?" He asked, surprised.
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   06/06/11, 10:22 pm

Bobby chuckled. "'Course I'm here a lot. You see that long haired, dim witted cowboy over there?" he asked, pointing to James who was chatting it up with some bloke no doubt about wrestling. "That man's my tag team partner over at TNA. Together we form Beer Money. Just about everyone in here knows us so we're not hassled too much."

Bobby raised his glass. "Oh and in case ya haven't figured it out, heh, we like beer," he smirked before taking a few more swallows of his drink. He set his glass down, deciding to keep the convo going since it's obviously what James wanted. "So new job. What kinda job?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   07/06/11, 04:24 am

Casey smiled in response to the beer comment, it was pretty obvious so far that the man liked his beer. "I've just started working with WWE actually..." Casey said, his shyness starting to take over as usual.
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   07/06/11, 12:15 pm

"Whoa!" Bobby exclaimed. "Maybe I shouldna bought you that other drink then. You're working for the enemy!" he teased, patting the other man's back lightheartedly "Hey! I'm only playin'. I'd be sittin' right here downing a six pack of Coores or swigging a bottle o Jack if I'd just been hired by the big bad wolf."

Bobby raises his glass as if to toast. "To your new job and good health. I hear you'll need it if yer workin' for old wrinkly balls."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   07/06/11, 11:41 pm

Casey suddenly looked worried, but raised his glass anyway, brushing his hair back with his free hand.
"Is it really that bad?" He asked. "I've only just started..."
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   08/06/11, 01:43 am

Bobby shrugged. "I wouldn't know. I don't work for him, but some of the guys that used to got some kind of stories to tell. Talks just that, talk, but some of it's hard to ignore. I mean it's Vince McMahon so when one has a juicy rumor all us fellas will listen." Bobby downed more of his beer. "Look, don't look so tense. If that's how you show up for work each day then you'll be setting yourself up to fail. Vince might not be as bad as they say but you're a target if I've ever seen one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   08/06/11, 03:42 am

Casey nodded, knowing he was right; he'd have to get over his shyness if he wanted to keep his job. He sighed as he realised it's also why he didn't have many friends, despite being a nice person.
"You're right, I'm not exactly doing myself any favours by practically having a nervous breakdown before working." Casey said before drinking more of his own beer.
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   08/06/11, 12:53 pm

Bobby chuckled. "No, you're not. But I understand. It's the first day on the job and the job's practically a jungle! Heh! Networking was never really my thing. That's something James' has always been good at if only cuz he's a damn idiot." Bobby finished off his beer watching his new acquaintance down more of his. "I would buy you another round to take the edge off but going to work with a hangover's prolly not a good idea either. So alls I can do is listen and hope it helps take the edge off for ya. Least I can do for almost ruinin' your shirt."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   08/06/11, 06:58 pm

"Yeah I'd rather not end up fired after only one day of work," Casey agreed; then, figuring the other man had better things to do, added "You don't have to stick around and listen if you don't want to..." Before continuing, he looked at his wet shirt he'd hung on the back of his chair.
He realised he'd only said what he just had because of his shyness and already regretted it, assuming the dark haired man would leave. Suddenly looking worried again, Casey quietly added "...though I do appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   09/06/11, 01:43 pm

James snuck up on them both, patting their backs. "Heh! Bobbeh's not goin' anywhere. 'Sides, he's not done with his drink and since I drove, he's gotta wait til sober up a bit," he chuckled.

Bobby turned, swinging at James but missed by miles. "Or I can just take yer damn keys and drive myself, but neither of us are in a fit state to be driving nowhere so yeah, you're right. I'm stuck here." Bobby signaled for the bartender to refill his glass but with Dr. Pepper this time. "Heh! Least I'm in good company."

He smiled to the young man a little proud that someone at least, appreciates his good company. "You're pretty good company too," he added with smile. "You don't talk much and I usually like a good talker. That might explain why I put up with James, but hell, at least you're not giving me funny looks. I'm loud, rude and brash. I usually hit first and ask questions later. Just the way I am."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   09/06/11, 10:25 pm

Casey laughed "Well someone has to put up with him don't they? He's lucky I don't try to hit him after what happened to my shirt," He was only joking of course, Casey was rarely a violent person. "Wait, you say you're rude? I find that hard to believe considering you just bought me a drink,"

He smiled before picking up his glass and finishing the rest of his drink.
"Then again, I hardly know you."
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   09/06/11, 11:29 pm

Bobby chuckled, glad that Cassey seemed to be easing up. "Hey, my last name's Roode so it's sorta fitting. Honestly speakin' not sure I woulda bought you that drink had James not told me too. I can be pretty inconsiderate at times. Believe it or not, James is actually the better people's person." He paused, tapping his chin. "I s'pose that makes sense since he talks a lot."

Bobby turned on his stool looking around for James. He had done wandered off again, most likely napping in a booth somewhere. "Heh! James is pretty lucky. I think you'd have landed a KO in the first round with just yer smile alone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   10/06/11, 02:46 am

"Hey...what do you mean by that?" Casey asked; it was one of those moments where the blond stereotype of being a little slow was true. He frowned, much like a child would when they don't get what they want and folded his arms.
"People person or not, he still ruined my shirt..." He knew he was being immature but he didn't really care, figuring it was better than being shy again.
Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   11/06/11, 01:28 pm

Bobby held up his hands as if to surrender. "Hey...no harm meant. I'm just sayin' James is actually the more considerate of the two of us. He usually knows when to--well how should I put this? Ah...he's better at sensing people's feelings and whatnot. See me? I never pick up on people's feelings all that well. I'd have assumed you were okay cause you look smart enough to know not to challenge a guy twice as big as you." He shrugged. "Yer a man so men usually don't cry over spilt milk or in this case, beer. If I was drunk I probably woulda ignored both you and James then went on my merry way. Heh but I'm sober so lucky you," he grinned, teasing more than anything else.

He patted Casey's back. "Looky, we said we'd replace the shirt and we will. Give me your address and we'll send ya another shirt. James and I are on the road a lot so not sure we'd have time to bring it by your place not to mention ah don't think folks on your side of the working world would appreciate you fraternizing with the competition."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   11/06/11, 10:37 pm

Casey smiled and shrugged his shoulders "It wouldn't really matter anyway, most people at work don't pay any attention to me, except the ones that have to. Oh and I'm not that short..." He looked at himself as he added the last part before looking back at Bobby. "Though I guess muscle wise you are twice the size; I don't think I would have bothered to challenge you unless I wasn't sober either." He frowned afterwards, remembering what he'd been like last time he was drunk, when he'd had too much to drink Casey often became violent.

Remembering he'd mentioned something about needing his address, Casey checked his pockets "I don't have a pen or paper on me. Do you?" He looked back over at the other man again, a small smile on his face.

Back to top Go down
Robert Roode

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   12/06/11, 07:45 pm

Bobby patted himself down. "No, I'm sorry son but I rarely keep pen and paper on me. Sure I I'm on TV once--sometimes twice a week--but we're not WWE Superstars so no one gives a damn about us."

Bobby glanced around looking for James but knew James probably didn't have a pen or paper either. "James and I are pretty useless unless we're beer chugging or rasslin'." Bobby pulled out his cell phone. "Tell ya what. If ya trust me enough, why don't ya give me your number and I'll call you. You can give me your address over the phone and I'll send ya a new shirt."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   12/06/11, 10:54 pm

Frowning, Casey answered "I wouldn't say no one cares, even if WWE is sort of hogging all the attention." He watched as Bobby looked around. "You aren't useless either...I mean, you did get me talking after all." He smiled then looked around, making sure nobody else was listening before telling Bobby his number.
"You aren't going to start prank calling me now are you?" Casey asked jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nervous wreck (open)   

Back to top Go down

Nervous wreck (open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next