A WWE/TNA roleplay site. Couples may be slash, femslash or het. Original characters are encouraged!

HomeAwardsCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pest (FOR KURT)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karen

PostSubject: Pest (FOR KURT)   03/06/11, 10:07 am

Karen stared up at the creature on the bathroom wall of her hotel room. It was long, about two inches in length to be exact, and covered in a horrendous amount of thin, tiny legs. In France they called them mustache bugs. Karen just screamed at them. Before, this wouldn't be a problem. She would have Kurt get rid of the bug. She didn't even have to think about it.

However now, she did. She was alone. No Kurt. Her only friend backstage and in this hotel was Jeff, and she knew he wasn't going to be killing any centipedes for her. She could still call Kurt. She still had his number in her phone- for whatever reason she couldn't erase it. She looked up at the bug on the wall, hesitating. If she called him over to kill a bug it would look pathetic. But if she didn't, she wouldn't get her shower and probably wouldn't sleep either.

She made a face. Sleep was essential. No sleep meant wrinkles and a haggard Karen which were just as unacceptable as calling Kurt from his hotel room to kill a bug.

She looked at it again. It just had so many damn legs. What if it crawled on her while she tried to sleep? Karen shuddered at the thought. Or worse, got into her suitcase? She shuddered again, traipsing back toward her suitcase. She pulled out her robe, and threw it on picking up the phone to call Kurt. She sat down on the end of the bed in a huff as she listened to the other end of it ring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   05/06/11, 01:42 am

Kurt's not the type to stay seated for long.

In his younger days, in fact, the only time he was on his ass was to eat or to sleep. Sure, now he paced himself more, but old habits die hard. A few late night push ups and sit ups never killed a man, and if he could do it while catching up on the news, that was even better. At this time, normally, he could do everything without being bothered- one of the few perks of being single at his age.

Suddenly, his phone rang. He stopped mid-push up, pushing back onto his legs and standing up. When he gets to the phone, he sees Karen's name. Once upon a time, that wasn't so odd an occurrence, he thinks. He doesn't mind that Karen's calling, he's just surprised she is. He picks up his cell, putting it to his ear. "Hey Kare. What's up?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   05/06/11, 10:27 pm

Karen almost instantly felt better upon hearing Kurt's voice. She fell back on the bed and finally uttered a greeting. "Hi Kurt- I was almost concerned I'd wake you up, but I kind of had a feeling you'd be up. We've always been a couple of night owls." She did value her sleep, it just didn't occur until later at night and went till late in the morning. She never really got over her old schedule from her past.

"I have a... uhm... situation here." She looked from the bed at her bathroom. Where IT was. "You were always my bug killing knight in shining armor. My... bathroom has a bug in it. Huge. Big enough to have it's own zip code." She said slowly. "I can't take looking at it. I'm afraid to sleep. I..it might crawl in my hair or on-oh..." She had to pause to recollect herself. "My face, Kurt. It could crawl on my face. Can you please come kill it? For old times sake?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   06/06/11, 02:06 pm

Kurt smiled at the mention of being night owls- they were, usually falling asleep late. Kurt still usually woke up pretty early, and he used to quietly leave their room, doing his best not to wake up Karen, to go start his morning. Once she was down, Karen hated being woken up, and back then, she had a type of peace asleep that wasn't easily come by while awake.

"You know me well, Kare." He listened to the rest, and stifled a laugh. There was no bigger flashback than the mention of a bug. Very few things freaked out Karen, and that was definitely high on the list. "Look, I'll be right there and it'll be dead before you know it. Which room are you in again?"

He started moving, finding his shoes. He figured the quicker he got there, the better things would be for Karen. After hearing the room, he told her that he was on his way, keeping the phone on until he was in front of her door. Forgoing knocking, he instead said into the phone: "Okay, Kare, I'm here. Let me in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   07/06/11, 12:23 am

"I do Kurt. But I should. And I knew you'd come save me from the god awful thing in my bathroom." She sighed in relief. She always hated bugs, hating how they looked, moved, flew, squirmed- She gagged. Before Kurt, her father would kill the bugs. After Kurt, she had a very long stick that was blunt enough on top to squish the bugs.

She told Kurt where she was, on the first floor like always. She always liked to be on the first floor, it made it easier to come and go. She went over to the door, opening it up. "Thank you." She said looking more relieved to see him once he was at her door. "It's in here." She shuddered and pulled him inside. Once they were in the bathroom- well... Kurt was in the bathroom, Karen was hovering around the door frame.

"It's there. By the mirror." She said in a hushed tone, as she pointed the long centipede out. She shuddered. "Disgusting. ...I can't watch! It's going to squirm around and... ugh!" She cringed and turned away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   07/06/11, 08:26 pm

He hung up the phone, pocketing it as he walked into her room. "Don't even worry about it." And he absolutely meant it. He saw the way Karen could react to bugs, and it was better for everyone on her floor if it was gone. Besides, he couldn't stand the thought of Karen being freaked out all night. Usually, when they lived together, he'd kill the bug and only tease her about it after it was gone- after the 'danger' had passed.

He went into the bathroom, going to the toliet paper, getting enough to wrap in a little ball. He held it up to the mirror as she pointed, quickly squishing it against the mirror. Luckily enough, it didn't make a popping sound, which would've just freaked Karen out more. He carefully moved the tissue, trying to wipe as much of the centipede off the mirror as possible. A small smudge was left, but that could easily be taken care of.

Once the tissue was flushed, he turned around, smiling. "Well, bathroom's bug free now. You don't gotta worry about any plans he might've had for your hair anymore." He wrapped an arm around Karen, giving her a hug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   07/06/11, 10:34 pm

Karen stopped fretting once Kurt said not to worry. She had nothing to worry about- Kurt was here now. The bug wouldn't be. She watched him get rid of the bug, as if it were the easiest thing in the whole entire world. Like riding a bike. Eating sandwich- did it with out a thought. Without a care.

And all that was left of her tormentor was a smudge on a mirror. She decided to pretend that smudge was left by her thumb and NOT the bug. She let out a happy sigh, knowing well that when she hit the pillows it would be uninterrupted beauty sleep.

Karen hugged Kurt back, sighing in relief. "Thank you Kurt. You're still my bug killing superhero. ...Why don't you hang out for a little while. The night's still young. We should catch up. Plus, inviting you down here just to kill a bug and shooing you out- denying you of my company seems kinda rude." She grinned and gestured toward the two chairs in the room.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   07/06/11, 10:50 pm

"You're welcome." Kurt smiled at Karen, before saying "Any time you need it, you've got my number, anytime." He didn't even voice his consent- not like he had much better to do. All he'd do is some push ups, a shower, and then some sleep. The centipede was a welcome break in the same old routine. He moved to the chairs, pulling one out and sitting on it.

"Come on over, Kare. When's the last time we had a good conversation anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   07/06/11, 11:43 pm

"It's been a very long time." She sat down on the chair beside Kurt. "I missed talking with you." She missed a lot of things about Kurt- she certainly missed the bug killing.

"Things have been pretty good. I can't believe how much fun I'm having with our story line. It feels really good to be back." Even if the only person who WOULD hang around with her backstage and after hours was Jeff, and that was if he wasn't off on some date. That was fine though, he understood her in a way that was similar to Kurt.

"People would be shocked to know you rescued me from that vicious centipede. You were so brave. Those things are apparently poisonous! Jeff wouldn't rescue me from the centipede. He'd be runnin' for the hills." She laughed. That man could run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   08/06/11, 11:54 pm

"Me too!" He laughs, thinking about the storyline. It's not perfect; ran a little too long, in his opinion, but he's enjoying what Jeff and Karen bring to the table. "You two are perfect together! Sometimes, I feel myself hating you guys… and then I can't stop laughing when it's all over. You belong here, and you reminded everyone just that these past few months."

He couldn't help but laugh over Jeff. "I'm sure they'd be surprised, but the Queen of the Mountain needs her peace! Who am I to not lend her a hand?" He shook his head. "Not poisonous, Kare, not at all! But still a pest. And Jeff's good at a lot of things, but getting rid of pests isn't one of them." He laughed a bit more, remembering all the times Jeff ran from him. "Oh yeah he can run. I feel like I'm chasing roadrunner! And I'm supposed to be the good one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   15/06/11, 03:39 pm

"You try to keep up with that man when he wants to jog at 6 am. There IS no 6 am in the life of Karen." She made a face at the thought, thinking of all the times she shut the hotel door in his face. The one time he came with coffee and she couldn't say no. She paid for it though, trailing woefully behind Jeff that one cold morning. She shook the thought from her mind and looked back at Kurt. "But you know better Kurt. You know what I'm like. I don't have to slam hotel doors in your face, or worry about you pouting and trying to offer me caramel mocha lattes as jogging bribes." SHe reached over and touched his hand.

"Kurt... thank you." She gave him a genuine smile, touched by his words. "I was worried that uh... no one would accept me back. And really, no one has. Except for Jeff, and you. Your acceptance means the most to me though. Thank you so much." She laid her hand on top of his, remembering what it was like to hold it, during friendlier times. Though, this was friendly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   25/06/11, 08:45 pm

"Oh, definitely. You would've murdered me if I woke you up at six! Definitely better to quietly leave the room while you slept for all of us." Kurt can't help but grin. Usually on mornings with Karen, he was out without her knowing a thing. When she entered the kitchen later in the morning, she was much happier for it, and it made the mornings smoother. Towards the end of their relationship, it was one of the ways Kurt used to lessen the arguments between them, tired of hearing her screeching.

When Karen touches his hand, Kurt's smile turns softer. "Of course I'd support you. Kare, I've always said I belong in the ring. Took to it like that. And it might not have been the same way for you as it was for me, but you took to the ring just as quickly. You still have it, can still just attract heat like no one else I know." He takes his free hand and places it over Karen's. "They'll come around. You belong here, and you show it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   28/06/11, 10:21 pm

"You were good about that Kurt. I never had to worry about you waking me up... ever. I like to think that if the house was on fire you'd just carry me out quietly." She said and smiled- but was totally serious about that statement.

"Heat seeking missile, babe. Then you pair me with Jeff? We get booed out of the building and it's great." She said proudly and didn't remove her hand from Kurt's hand- listening to what he had to say. His words stuck out in her mind, and a slow knot of guilt worked up from her stomach to her throat.

She ran her hand through her hair, glancing up to him. "Kurt... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I was rough during the last part of our relationship. I was just... mad that it failed. I can't tell you who, or what in particular I was mad at. You're a good man, and I shouldn't have well... It would have done me well to remember that you are a good man when I was taking your head off for the stupidest things."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   19/07/11, 10:06 pm

"Kare." He has to stop her. Hearing Karen apologize for anything hurts now. When they first split, he blamed her, he blamed everything but himself. But now, he knows there's only one person to blame… and it was the one person he never pointed a finger at. "Kare, listen to me. I neglected you, I neglected us… you had every right to get mad. I got caught up, and I lost sight of what was real. We were real, Kare, you and me and everything we had. I don't… I never blamed you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   14/08/11, 03:43 pm

"We should have never gotten married Kurt- it wrecked our relationship." She half teased, but half believed it to be true. When they were dating, they never had this sort of problem. She never noticed Kurt being gone that long because she was preoccupied with her own place and keeping it up, rather than being stuck in their home being reminded. She cleared her throat, continuing. "I think... maybe... I wouldn't mind... if we tried again? I miss you." She swallowed, watching Kurt carefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   06/09/11, 11:54 pm

"Things always get more twisted when they get more serious," Kurt replied. His answer's got some truth in it. "Oh, Kare. Kare, I miss you too." But still, something holds him back from agreeing right away. He remembers how it was, how good it used to be… and how bad it got to be. "Karen, I'd be so afraid. I don't want to hurt you again. You're too good for that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pest (FOR KURT)   

Back to top Go down

Pest (FOR KURT)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1